Resources (Books, Articles and Videos)

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm feeling grateful!
Grateful for the circumstances that my stroke has given to me. You may not understand why, but I am grateful.
The other day, when I realized that my friend wasn't listening to me, I said (in my head) "Wow, I used to do that too!" I had a Type A personality...busy being busy! When I was talking with friends, relatives and colleagues, sometimes I wasn't listened to them...sorry...it's true. I kinda was listening but not enough so that I was feeling and respecting your thoughts and ideas. I was deciding what I was going to say when I could break into YOUR monologue. My brain was firing all the time when you were talking, planning MY monologue! Multi-tasking all the time, thinking that we are being more productive...not so...research (Multi-tasking Madness).
My brain shouldn't have firing while you were talking...my brain should have been soaking with YOUR thought and ideas. I'm sorry that I didn't respect your thoughts, feeling and ideas. Forgive me.
NOW, I can't multi-tasked, because of the stroke of genius! When, I talking with you, I am listening. My brain auditory cortex is firing focusing on listening, so I am feeling your words, soaking up your feelings, thoughts and ideas. I respect YOU. Great eh?
I hope that the Universe doesn't slap you upside the head with a clot ...be smarter than I was! Learn to be respectful!

Articles to think about:
Multi-Tasking Madness
Believe It: Multitasking Reduces Productivity And That's Not All

No comments:

Post a Comment